Nairobi Safari,Nairobi isn’t just a modern city; it’s seamlessly intertwined with the surrounding wildlife. You’ll find Nairobi Safari Park, a visitor haven, a short drive from the city centre. This unique park showcases the entire spectrum of wildlife in Kenya’s safari parks, except elephants. If you’re in Nairobi briefly, the Nairobi Safari is a must.
Starting Your Journey in Nairobi
Jomo Kenyatta International Airport in Nairobi is a pivotal hub for international flights to African safari destinations. From here, you can connect to Tanzania’s Serengeti Safari or embark on gorilla trekking adventures in Uganda.
The Safari Capital
Nairobi proudly holds the title of Africa’s safari capital. While it boasts modernity like any global city, its unique feature is its surrounding wildlife. Nairobi has become one of Africa’s largest and most frequented cities. Known as the city that never sleeps, it exudes boundless energy and is a vibrant melting pot where diverse cultures converge. It’s a place of remarkable contrasts, where race, tribe, and origin meld into Nairobi’s distinctive character.
Contact Us 24/7: +254-721500871
Elevate Your Safari Experience
Explore Our Proven Safari Services
Delight in Nairobi’s Day Tours
Nairobi Safari Park
Nairobi Safari Park stands out as the only city globally with a wide array of animals and birds so close to a capital city. It’s a prime attraction for Nairobi’s visitors.
Starting from $150
Book Your Nairobi Safari Now
Kenya National Museum: Unveiling Rich History
Located just a few minutes from Nairobi’s city centre, the Kenya National Museum houses artefacts narrating Kenya’s rich history. It’s also home to some intriguing cold-blooded residents, including crocodiles, tortoises, cobras, vipers, and pythons. Beware: the snake park sign warns, ‘Trespassers will be poisoned.’
Starting from $80
Book a Museum Tour
Giraffe Centre: Up Close with Graceful Giants
The Giraffe Manor in Nairobi, constructed in 1932 by Sir David Duncan, is surrounded by 140 acres of its own park and forest. Located thirty minutes from Nairobi’s city centre, this unique experience offers superb views of the Ngong Hills.
Starting from $80
Book a Giraffe Tour
Bomas of Kenya: A Glimpse into Cultures
“Bomas” means home. Here, you can delve into Kenya’s diverse cultures and learn about their past and present ways of life. Be enchanted by African dances performed by different cultural groups at Bomas of Kenya.
Starting from $80
Book African Dances
Baby Elephant Park: A Sanctuary of Hope
Situated within Nairobi National Park, the Baby Elephant Park cares for elephant babies and rhinos from across Kenya. It was founded and is still managed by Daphne Sheldrick, the widow of David Sheldrick, one of Kenya’s most renowned Game Wardens.
Starting from $80
Book an Elephant Safari
Carnivore Restaurant: A Meat Lover’s Paradise
Discover the Carnivore Restaurant in Nairobi, Kenya, known for serving some of the best-barbecued meat in the country. This open-air barbecue joint brings together people from all walks of life to relish domestic and wild meat dishes.
Starting from $80
Book a Table at Carnivore
Nakuru Day Safari Tour: A Day in Flamingo Paradise
A mere three-hour drive from Nairobi lies Lake Nakuru Safari Park, home to millions of flamingos and various other bird and wildlife species. Depart at 6 am, return by 6 pm, and enjoy a safari tour in the park with lunch at one of the lodges.
Starting from $280
Book a Nakuru Safari
Amboseli Safari Tour: Beneath Kilimanjaro’s Shadow
Embark on the Amboseli Safari Tour located at the base of the snow-capped Mount Kilimanjaro. Known for its elephant families, this tour starts at 5:30 am and offers safari experiences within the park, concluding at 7 pm.
Starting from $300
Book an Amboseli Safari
Nairobi Kenya Safari: Embrace Adventure
Masai Mara Kenya Safari Tours (2-Day)
Day 1: Depart Nairobi after breakfast for Masai Mara Safari Park. Enjoy an afternoon safari tour, followed by meals and an overnight stay at a lodge/camp.
Day 2: Start your day with an early morning safari, then drive back to Nairobi after breakfast.
Starting from $550
Book a Masai Mara Safari (2-Day)
Masai Mara 3-Day Kenya Safari Tour
Day 1: After breakfast, drive along the Great Rift Valley to Masai Mara Safari Park. Enjoy an afternoon safari tour, followed by meals and an overnight stay at a lodge/camp.
Day 2: Spend your morning and afternoon on safari, with meals and another overnight stay at the lodge/camp.
Day 3: Embark on an early morning safari, followed by breakfast and a return drive to Nairobi.
Starting from $825
Book a Masai Mara Safari (3-Day)
- Nairobi, the dynamic capital city of Kenya, pulsates with boundless energy, embodying a thriving hub where the tapestry of human life is woven with diverse threads. It’s a place characterized by striking contrasts, where race, tribe, and origin meld to craft Nairobi’s unique character.
- Over a century ago, this very land was home to lions, rhinos, leopards, giraffes, and even deadly snakes, as they roamed freely in what we now know as Nairobi. The Maasai people brought their cattle to the refreshing waters of the river, which they aptly named Uaso Nairobi, translating to ‘Cold Water.’ This region was christened Enkarre Nairobi, signifying the ‘Place of Cold Waters.’
- Since those early days, Nairobi has undergone a complete metamorphosis. Its growth knows no bounds, with modern skyscrapers glistening in the tropical sun, creating a stunning urban landscape. It’s almost surreal to fathom that Nairobi, once teeming with wild beasts, evolved into a bustling metropolis, albeit with its share of challenges.
- What makes Nairobi truly exceptional is its status as a melting pot of diverse cultures. The city’s population, exceeding two million, comprises native Kenyans, primarily working migrants from across the country, alongside Indian-Kenyans, Australians, Canadians, Americans, Asians, and Europeans. Together, they form a rich tapestry of cosmopolitan life.
- Nairobi proudly plays host to global and regional organizations, with the United Nations Environment Programme headquartered within its vibrant precincts. While it contends with urban challenges akin to large cities, Nairobi remains an inviting tourist destination. It’s a city seamlessly integrated with the untamed wilderness that surrounds it. On its doorstep lies Nairobi National Park, a mere six miles from the city center, offering an enticing refuge for visitors. This sanctuary is home to a myriad of species, with the notable absence of elephants. Nevertheless, the park boasts the presence of the rest of the Big Five—leopards, lions, buffalos, and rhinos—alongside a diverse array of other wildlife.
Weather in Nairobi, Kenya
Nairobi enjoys a delightful climate, characterized by predominantly sunny and warm days, with minimal rainfall, particularly in April.
Language in Nairobi, Kenya
The majority of Nairobians are fluent in both English and Kiswahili. Additionally, children educated in Kenya are proficient in English.
Activities in Nairobi, Kenya
Nairobi offers a plethora of activities and attractions to explore:
- National Museum: Immerse yourself in Kenya’s rich history.
- Railway Museum: Discover the history of Kenya’s railways.
- Snake Park: Brave a visit to encounter cold-blooded reptiles.
- Giraffe Manor: Get up close with these graceful giants.
- Baby Elephant Park: Visit a sanctuary for elephant babies and rhinos.
- Nairobi National Park: Experience wildlife on the city’s doorstep.
- Bomas of Kenya: Enjoy African dances representing diverse tribes.
- Giraffe Manor: Experience a unique encounter with giraffes.
Shopping in Nairobi, Kenya
Nairobi boasts numerous shopping malls catering to diverse needs. Additionally, the bustling Nairobi city market, known as Masai Markets, offers affordable and diverse artifacts suitable for home decor and souvenirs.
How to Reach Nairobi, Kenya
Jomo Kenyatta International Airport in Nairobi serves as a gateway for many international flights, including Kenya Airways, which connects to various destinations, including recently introduced direct flights to the USA.
Embark on Your Kenyan Adventure
Booking Kenya safari tours is a breeze:
- Check the available dates.
- Contact our Kenya safari tours reservation experts to confirm your travel dates and avoid last-minute disappointments.
- Book and confirm your Kenya safari tours with our Nairobi reservation experts, ensuring a seamless adventure.
Whether you join our group tours or opt for a private safari with your own vehicle, realize the vacation of your dreams right here!
Enquire about our safari tours today!